WHAT TO BRING
- A good mood! 😀
- Sleeping tent
- Sleeping bag
- Airbed/camping mattress
- Clothes (for rainy days, daily activities, and parties)
- Flip flops
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Shower gel
- Insurance Card
- Money (cash) for drinks
- Water bottle
WHAT NOT TO BRING
– Drugs Glass (Perfumes are allowed)
– Weapons of any kind
– Laptop Tablet Expensive equipment/Jewelry (Instruments are allowed, on your own risk)
– Friends/Family members
ABOUT CAMP LOST
In four years you will be a professional in the field of digital entertainment. Producing new concepts for television or developing new AAA-games and anything in between, you still have four years to decide which direction you want to go. Before you enter these intense four years, we want to give you an unique opportunity to meet your fellow students at the introduction festival Camp Lost, exclusively for new students. For four days and three nights, you will have your first taste of what it is like to be a student in Breda. You will meet new people, do fun group activities and experience the Breda nightlife. Together with all the other freshmen you will sleep in tents and participate in the many activities that Camp Lost offers. During these days you will find out that everything you stumble upon is the work of students, and you might be capable of doing these things in a few years’ time as well.
FOR THE PARENTS
University of Applied Sciences – a huge adjustment in the life of an adolescent, but also in the life of the parents. A new school, a new city, a new house. All very exciting for your child, but might be hard for parents. All these changes begin with the introduction festival of a new study. Leaving your child with hundreds of other adolescents in the hands of an unknown organisation can be a little difficult and we totally understand this. Breda University of Applied Sciences and the organisation of Camp Lost 2020 wants to ensure you that your child is in good hands. With constant surveillance and medics on the terrain, we create a low-risk environment for your child’s health, safety and your peace of mind. If your child decides to join Camp Lost, you and your child will be provided with contact information so you can always keep in touch with the organization. If you have any questions now, visit our FAQ section or contact us via the CONTACT section.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you have questions regarding Camp Lost 2020? Some of your questions might have already been answered below. Please read the FAQ before contacting us via the contact page.
1. WHAT IS CAMP LOST?
Camp Lost is the introduction camp for the first year students of Creative Business (IMEM) AND International Game and Architecture and Design (IGAD) at Breda University of Applied Sciences. Camp Lost is organized for the new students every year. This year 3rd-year IMEM students are organizing Camp Lost ‘20 in association with Breda University of Applied Sciences and Stichting Cultief.
2. CAN I JOIN CAMP LOST?
All the upcoming students of the Breda University – Academy for Digital Entertainment may join Camp Lost.
3. WHEN AND WHERE WILL CAMP LOST TAKE PLACE THIS YEAR?
Camp Lost 2019 will take place from August 27th until August 30th at Jeugdland, Ulvenhout. This is the last week before the study year 2019/20 begins. The exact address of the camp is Jeugdland 1, 4851 AT Ulvenhout.
4. HOW DO I TRAVEL TO THE CAMP?
Ways to travel to the camp is either by bike, public transportation, or car. For public transport information, go to 9292.nl. If you are using navigation you may use the following address: Jeugdland 1, 4851 AT Ulvenhout. The transportation to other locations is arranged with private buses by the organisation.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT DIRECTIONS:
Every 30 minutes a bus leaves from Central Station Breda, this is BUS 132 to Baarle Nassau (departing from platform N). Paying your ticket is by debit/credit card only, or you need a OV-Chipcard (Public Transport Card), paying with cash is not possible. The ride to Camp Lost takes 21 minutes. Your stop is Bieberg, Breda (That is one stop after Ulvenhoutselaan, Breda). Afterwards you need to walk for 5 minutes to camp lost. Walk in the same direction as the bus is heading to and at the roundabout go left. Walk straight and the first road on your left is the entrance to Jeugdland where Camp Lost is located.
Check the directions on 9292 here.
5. UNTIL WHEN CAN I SIGN UP?
We advise you to sign up as soon as you are possible to.
6. CAN I SPONSOR CAMP LOST?
For information about sponsoring, please contact our Marketing Team via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. WHAT ARE THE ALCOHOL/DRUG -POLICIES OF CAMP LOST?
In the Netherlands, it is strictly forbidden to serve any alcoholic drinks to people under the age of 18. This rule also counts at Camp Lost! It is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the outside areas at Camp Lost – if you are over the age of 18! Other drugs, such as weed, etc., are strictly forbidden during Camp Lost – no matter what age! For more information check the Terms & Agreements.
8. WHEN IS THE OPEN PARTY & WHERE CAN I BUY TICKETS?
The open party of Camp Lost 2019 – the party where all Creative Business (IMEM) and IGAD students are welcome – the date is yet to be announced. You can buy a tickets via more.buas.nl for €10,00 it is possible to get a ticket at the door but possibly for a slightly higher price. Note: You do NOT have to buy a ticket if you are a freshman!
9. WHAT, WHERE, AND WHEN DO I NEED TO PAY FOR CAMP LOST?
10. WHERE DO I SLEEP?
You will spend three nights at the camp in Jeugdland, Ulvenhout. You are required to bring your own tent, sleeping bag, and other camping gear that you need.
11. WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE A TENT?
If you don’t have a tent, we can help you. Sports store Decathlon will have packages available. If you are interested in one of these packages, go to this page to found out more about it!
12. WHAT IF I HAVE A DISABILITY?
Please contact us via the contactpage, so we can make this event as pleasant as possible for you.
13. I'M NOT YET ACCEPTED FOR THE STUDY, CAN I ALREADY SIGN UP?
Camp Lost is only for future ADE students. If you are not yet accepted to one of the programs, we advise you to not sign up for Camp Lost yet, in order to make it easier for you and the organizational team, as refunds are not possible. Once you are accepted to one of the programs, do not hesitate to sign up!
14. CAN I BRING A FRIEND?
You can only bring a friend to the Open Party of Camp Lost if he/she is studying at the (BUas) Academy for Digital Entertainment. During the other days of Camp Lost, you may not bring a friend he/she is not a freshman to the Academy for Digital Entertainment.
15. IS THERE AN ATM AT CAMP LOST?
16. WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING/WHAT CAN I NOT BRING TO CAMP LOST?
17. I HAVE OTHER QUESTSIONS THAT ARE NOT LISTED ON THE SITE
TERMS AND AGREEMENTS CAMP LOST
FOOD AN BEVERAGES
DECLARATION OF LEAVE
LOSS OR DAMAGES
- By a participant inflicted damage to rented resources, the building or personal possessions from others will have to be charged to the participant.
- Participants enter and attend the event at their own risk. BUas is not responsible for any form of physical or mental injury because of attending Camp Lost.
- BUas and/or the Camp Lost organization is not liable for any damage to property and/or property of participants.
- BUas and/or the Camp Lost organization is not liable for lost or stolen property of participants.
- Open fires are strictly forbidden on the festival grounds.
- It is forbidden to take any property of the Camp Lost organization. The removal of property from the Camp Lost organization is as considered theft.
- In case of destruction of property belonging to the Camp Lost organization or third parties on or around the Terrain, the police will be reported.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILM
- When you enter the ADE introduction festival Camp Lost event or program, you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording will occur.
- By entering the event premises, you consent to interview(s), photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, webcasts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by Camp Lost and its affiliates and representatives.
- Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar Camp Lost events in the future, highlight the event. You release Camp Lost, its officers, and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or sound recordings.
- By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged.
- You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by Camp Lost or the person or entity designated to do so by Camp Lost. You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before entering the event.
- Professional (press) photographers and/or people who want to make photo or film recordings of the event out of commercial motives, must be in possession of valid accreditation from the Camp Lost organization.
DRUGS AND ALCOHOL
- Owning, using, or trading soft drugs, hard drugs, or smart drugs is prohibited. (This includes drugs like – nitrous oxide (laughing gas)).
- Bringing along alcoholic beverages is not permitted. This will be checked by the Camp Lost organization, volunteers or security assigned to this task.
- Smoking is only allowed at the outside areas. It is not allowed for participants younger than the age of 18 to buy, receive, or consume alcohol. Also, the passing of liquor to minors is not allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited in all indoor locations / covered locations on the festival site.
- Throwing with food, drinks or throwing other items is forbidden.
- Bar staff may refuse to serve alcohol at their discretion.
- It is not permitted for the participant, who has not yet reached the age of 18, to buy alcoholic beverages, to carry, drink and/or try to obtain alcoholic beverages. The Camp Lost organization has the right to remove the participant who acts in violation of this article from the festival site without the Camp Lost organization being obliged to refund the entrance fee.
- The participant, irrespective of his or her age, is not allowed to provide alcoholic drinks (with or without payment) to someone who has not yet reached the age of 18 years. The Camp Lost organization has the right to remove the participant who acts in violation of this article from the festival site without the Camp Lost organization being obliged to refund the entrance fee.
- All participants will receive a Camp Lost t-shirt at the beginning of the festival and is obligated to wear it during the daily events of the festival. During the party evenings at the location Jeugdland, the participant does not have to wear the Camp Lost t-shirt. During the city day and party on the third day, it is obligated.
- It is not allowed to wear clothing representing a sorority, fraternity or student association, whom is not contributing to Camp Lost and has not signed the contract.
- It is not allowed to wear clothing representing a bar, whom is not contributing to the current edition of Camp Lost.
- Appropriate clothing has to be worn.
WHY DO WE NEED THE INFORMATION WE ASK
- To confirm your participation
- To confirm you’re a student of the NHTV
- To send you information of Camp Lost
- To provide you proper food and beverages
- To contact third parties in case of emergency
Consequences of not providing personal data If you decide not to provide the information which is asked in the form, the organization of Camp Lost cannot guarantee to provide you with the correct information, food & beverages, clothing, form groups, or inform third parties when needed. Duration of storage of the provided information to the organization of Camp Lost The information you have provided to the organization of Camp Lost will be kept safe in a database of the Camp Lost organization. The information will be shared with:
- The organization of Camp Lost has full access to the data.
- The volunteers of Camp Lost will only have access to their own group member names, phonenumber, and education information. Which consist of IGAD or IMEM. For guiding and helping the participants in the group.
- Facility volunteers will only have access to diet wishes for distributing food & beverages.
- 4 months after the event the personal data of the participants, which is provided via the website of Camp Lost to the Camp Lost organization will be deleted.
- Until then, the information is needed for the aftercare of the event.
Insight personal data The participant has the right to inspect, rectify or delete the personal data. Please contact the Camp Lost organization if this is desirable